Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Eagle Day Four

Yes it is day four although I haven't posted anything about it yet.

For my Eagle project I am telling people what to do.... so they can upgrade a computer lab. The first day I had my friends come and we cleaned it up, the cords were such a mess that the school was threatened by the fire department. The people were awesome that day.
Day two I got a fellow scout troop to help out, they were fairly rowdy and stayed in the gym. Although my scout leader came and helped. We cannibalized a lot of systems that day but thats about it.
Day Three: A church friend came to help out. We finished upgrading all the systems and installing the new OS (linux rules). I think we did the most this day, but we did stay latter than usual.
Day Four: We labeled the network cables, updated the systems, and received 14 new computers from a local non-profit. we got them installed and had the whole lab updated.

we should be able to finish it in one more day. Almost there!

I finished warriors: new prophecy and it was good. I'm glad that squirrelflight and Brambleclaw were able to get together, the fourth book was so depressing I almost stopped. It did end a bit abruptly, it probably could have gone on easily. I'm just glad theres another series. I wonder, did starclan know of Brambleclaws nightly visits or not? Did they make Brambleclaw the deputy because it wasn't long before he was gone to far? Was it just luck? Also the prophecy Before there is peace, blood will spill blood, and the lake will run red.... seemed a bit exagerated. Sure it was nearly tragic but it wasn't quite as epic as the lake will run red. Although that part could refer to the bagers. Either way its a great book series. The authors are truely talented.

1 comment:

AnnaDee said...

it never said how much of the lake would run red...a small part did, what with hawk....do you have need of the first book of the power of three?