Sunday, June 21, 2009

Camping trip... Good? Bad?

I have no idea if the camping trip I just went on was a complete failure, or not. Let me explain.

So me and my brother make it just about on time, better than usual. Tony D and Tom were already there waiting. and we waited.... and waited... and then the leaders(scott and vinnie) showed up. Yea Scotts car broke down in the middle of the Nevada desert. Thats no excuse! Sure Vinnie had a hard week studying pavement. Pfft. So with still about an hour to an hour and a half to get to the docks and the ferry. Its only a half an hour drive. We pump up the tires. We take our time and finally get on the road. I read Max, amazing book series, so the ride was great. However the hour and a half was not long enough for the half an hour car ride. We get there to watch the boat sail away to Angel Island.

So yea that was the bad part, The failure. Other than that we got the reservation switched to china camp, which had all white families and few Asians. We set up the tent and go biking. So it was steep. I don't exagerate when it was steep. Unfortunately my dads bike kinda can't change half of the gears. So I'm stuck at the highest gear the bike could go on. We hiked most of it. But the downhill was great. bumpy, walked parts of it, but amazing. I simply love going really fast downhill. I didn't like the steep cliff which had no protection... but no one died. XD Afterwards we played cards, I finished Max, you need to read it, and we kinda relaxed. We were going to play CTF but scott whimped out. :'( is that the crying face? how do I not remember?
The next day we packed up and biked some more. We road around the area, up more hills which we hiked. We went through some suburbs, which are all the same. Don't move to suburbs NOTHING happens ... ever. Then we went home.

Yay Yay, I know this may look like a block of text, but I'm not going to edit it. good night.

2 comments:

Uberpsycho Tom said...

You mean to tell me you've heard of a campground that actually more than white and Asian people?

Vincent Malmrose said...

nope. but in china camp I'd expect to see more asians than white dudes.